There is nothing more important than leadership vision. Vision has to happen through and with people who are both managed and led. As we all know here in North Dakota, change can happen at lightning speed. A stronger economy can indeed make a difference for the state and for the local businesses. The opportunity to drive business results through mission and values has never been more important. Taking advantage of economic growth has vision at its very base.
But Vision has to be truly vision. A focus on the future is essential. Throughout history, great change has occurred when it was led by leadership who understood the importance of communicating and influencing individuals; these people took on the responsibility to organize results. Leaders by themselves can only do so much. It is through the power and strength of teams and that unique exponential capability to organize commitment that can only happen through vision.
Visionary Leadership must have the following qualities:
- Unfaltering direction and effort: Staying focused and never quitting are essential.
- Group endeavor: It takes more than one individual for success.
- Innovation and creativity: These ingredients must blend into excitement and must support adjustment.
- Belief in direction: Making the decision and never looking back always create the strength to move forward.
- Communication: Finding key people to communicate the message to all corners of the organization. Each one must buy in and commit to the consistency of the message.
Vision always has a long term pay off. No vision is perfect, but the best ones are a blend of thinking, working, and opportunity. The best visions are always based on the best leadership. Visionary leadership indeed evolves over a period of time into reality.
This post is brought to you by the good folks at Dale Carnegie Training of North Dakota, providers of professional development and management development courses and information in North Dakota. We would love to connect with you on Facebook.
Photo Credit: ifcamedia.org